One sure fire thing you can count on in life is the inevitability of problems. It’s universal, in fact, and no one’s immune! These challenges come in a broad variety including, but not limited to, physical challenges, relationship challenges, health challenges, financial challenges and many, many more. Problems come in all shapes, sizes and forms, some are temporary while others may last a lifetime. Some might have simple solutions without a lot of stress, while others can be life altering, and in some remote cases…..even life threatening.
The list of root causes of these trials we experience in life is not a long one:
- We may be experiencing hardship because of our own decisions/actions
- It could be the result of someone else’s actions
- Happenstance (Stuff just happens!)
- Demonic activity
- The sovereignty of God
Nobody likes problems; I’m no exception. But what if these trials of life afford us an extreme opportunity to grow spiritually, …and as a human being?? If that’s true, and I believe it is, maybe our problems are not as bad for us a they ‘feel’. Here’s a few ways to look at your dilemma, to help you ‘make the best of a bad situation’.
- Tests your faith; God wants you to ‘know’ the quality of the faith you have!
- Helps build character; Few things are more valuable! It’s simple; trials build character!
- Help to ‘mature’ us; It helps immensely to bring us into our true identity!
- It may feel like it’ll ‘break’ you…..but it has the potential to ‘make’ you!
- Reveals impurities. It helps to reveal our ‘blind spots’.
- Have great potential to uncover ‘good things’ in you that are waiting to be exposed
- Some of the Father’s best work in us occurs during these times!
- In times of ‘desperation’ we’re likely to consider God. The Lord is ‘there’ in the midst of your trials!!
- Conforming Value; It’s all part of us ‘being conformed into the image of Jesus’!
- Experience is a great ‘teacher’! Gives you experience to help others with similar problems.
So, you see, our problems hold some great opportunities if we can make the ‘stretch’ to look at them from a little bit different perspective. How you react/respond to your problems could very well determine the duration of them. They have the potential to bring out the best in us. And, …..your perception of how bad your situation is…..may actually be miles away from reality!