We really should! And we oughta do it now! I mean the quicker we get ‘our ducks in a row’ the better off we’ll all be in the long run! Getting our priorities in order has to be one of the most important things we do in life. If we rightly align our priorities everything just runs smoother. It’s really not that hard to get them in proper order but millions of people never do. It’s a challenge to keep them in order….but it’s do-able.
If we’re going to actually get the most important things first we really have to start with our spiritual life. The Bible encourages us to, “Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you”. I was already about 30 before I began to understand that principle. In the past 30 + years since then it has been proven to be true over and over again. In fact, I often encourage folks, “Ultimately your whole life is only going to be as good as your spiritual life”.
So, how do you bring order to your spiritual life??
1) Trust Jesus as your Savior; If you ‘believe the story’ of Jesus you already have the faith for it. “You didn’t choose Him, He chose you”. That’s what the Bible says…but you do have to agree with that and respond by faith.
2) Join a group of believers; I really think this needs to be prayerfully considered. If the Lord has your entire life already planned out, then the church you’re supposed to be in seems to be a pretty important factor.
3) Let the relationship develop; God is your Father. Keep it simple. Engage, interact, communicate.
4) Find your gifting; the Lord has ‘gifted’ you in certain ways.
5) Find places to serve; Get involved so your gifts can benefit the ‘whole’ Body.
6) Stay faithful; It’s a marathon, decide to be in it for the long-haul.
There’s other things to consider, but if you do these things to get your spiritual life in order you’re well on your way to getting all your ‘ducks in a row’.